Downtown Cleveland is the central business district of the City of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.
Downtown Cleveland's charming neighborhoods all have their own unique character. Within our streets you will find trendy residential places, world-class dining, retail, entertainment and more. Interested in making the move?
Here are 10 reasons why you should consider making the move:
1. Taxes - KPMG identified Cleveland as one of the best cities in the world for business tax structure.
2. Talent - Cleveland is emerging as a magnet for talent attraction, experiencing a 68% increase in the number of 25-34 year old college graduates (2006-2012).
3. Tech Growth - Downtown business accelerator Bizdom raised $6 million in venture capital to support Downtown tech business growth.
4. Small Business Loans – The Grow Cuyahoga County Fund is a unique loan program designed for small, for-profit businesses which lends anywhere between $35,000 and $1 million to use as working capital for machinery and equipment, acquisition of land and buildings, construction, renovations and tenant improvements.
5. Technology Business Grant – This grant, created by the City of Cleveland, is designed to provide up to $50,000 per year for 3 years to growing technology companies for the purposes of funding the development of new job opportunities for local, talented citizens.
6. Business Forums – A representative from your business has the opportunity to meet four times throughout the year with civic leaders to learn about the agenda for improving downtown, and to voice valuable opinions.
7. Office Visitation & Brainstorm Sessions – As a Downtown business, you have the opportunity to meet with a DCA representative to express your opinions and plans for the future, as well as work together with DCA to brainstorm ideas for connecting your business to resources that could aid in your future growth and success.
8. Citywide Business Grant Program – New businesses moving to Cleveland have the opportunity to receive a grant of up to $50,000 per year for three years to grow their business.
9. Transportation – Commuting Downtown is easy, but it is made even easier by using public transportation (the RTA and free trolley services), and by bike.
10. Step Up Downtown – This program will ensure Downtown Cleveland continues to develop in a way that will not only benefit the city, but the businesses that call it home.
The list could go on, but if you're looking for even more reasons to make the move, please reach out to a member of our team today. We can answer questions you may have regarding real estate, special grants and loans, as well as anything else you may have on your mind related to having a Downtown Cleveland business address.
Downtown Cleveland is the place to be for creative professionals and innovative businesses – whether you are starting a new career or looking to establish or grow your business. Located in the heart of the 16 th largest region in the country, with over 3.5 million people (including 2 million more within a 45-minute commute), Downtown Cleveland employers recruit from one of the youngest, most highly skilled workforces in the United States. Downtown's central location and multi-modal transportation options (highways, trains, and buses) give employers a talent attraction and retention advantage by making central business district jobs easily accessible to highly skilled talent in the region.
With more than 100,000 jobs and approaching 20,000 residents, Downtown Cleveland is Ohio's largest central business district. Downtown Cleveland's welcoming and walkable streets, dynamic waterfronts, and authentic culture attract talent, start-ups, and growing businesses from around Northeast Ohio and beyond. Downtown Cleveland Alliance's Business Development Center is your partner to find the perfect urban or waterfront location to relocate, expand, or invest.
Downtown Cleveland has six residential neighborhoods brimming with attractions, world-class restaurant and entertainment options to fit all lifestyles.
As Northeast Ohio's fastest growing neighborhood, Downtown Cleveland has big city amenities and neighborhood communities. Today, a diverse population of more than 15,000 people live in Downtown Cleveland.
Learn more about living downtown in our annual publication Downtown Digs and then search for a downtown apartment here
Downtown Cleveland is an entertainment hub. From concerts at the House of Blues to the Broadway shows in Playhouse Square, dtCLE has it all!
The DCA team also produces a large amount of events that take place year round. From Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week to Winterfest, Walnut Wednesday to North Coast Namaste, it's all here. Subscribe to our Events newsletter to make sure you don't miss a thing!
Downtown Cleveland is a great place to live, work, play and travel in part because of the bustling nightlife and growing food scene. Through world-class theater, award-winning cuisine, diverse entertainment acts and culturally rich history, there is always something new to try in dtCLE.